- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Democratic officials picked former state Rep. Dave Crooks (D-Ind.) to face freshman Rep. Larry Bucshon (R) next year, according to local reports.
Democrats backed Crooks over Patrick Scates, a former staffer for ex-Rep. Brad Ellsworth (D), in a rare convention-style endorsement over the weekend. Party officials opted for an endorsement process so the presumptive nominee could save his resources for the Bucshon race next year.
Both candidates agreed ahead of time to abide by the local party’s decision and back the winner of the endorsement.
Roll Call Politics rates the 8th district Likely Republican.