- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
In the 2010 cycle, the “TV/Movies/Music” industry gave approximately $21 million to Democrats and $8.4 million to Republicans. In 2008, the industry gave $38.9 million to Democrats and $10.9 million to Republicans.
Besides the campaign cash, Hollywood offers another allure to lawmakers: glitz.
Whether it’s GOP pollster Frank Luntz’s “Capote-esque” Labor Day party or the Friends of Abe blowouts at a Ventura County farm in the 2000s, insiders cite a strong pull to mingle with the stars. Sinise, Jon Voight, Pat Boone, Tom Selleck and Kelsey Grammer are all part of the scene. And while that might not have the wattage of a Speilberg-Geffen soiree, it’s still a long way from the “blacklist” Chetwynd cited.