- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
Iowa will get a new batch of television ads this week from presidential hopefuls, with former Speaker Newt Gingrich (Ga.) and Rep. Ron Paul (Texas) going on the air.
“Working together, I know we can rebuild America,” Gingrich says in his 60-second spot, which includes images of purple mountains and waving flags.
Paul’s 30-second ad is high-energy and mentions his promises to scrap the departments of Education, Interior, Energy, Commerce, and Housing and Urban Development.
A peppy narrator who sounds as if he could be doing color commentary at a NASCAR race says, “Want to drain the swamp? Ron Paul. Do it.”
Gingrich also purchased Google ads tied to searches for Herman Cain, who suspended his presidential bid on Saturday, a few days after allegations of an extramarital affair surfaced.