- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, the top Democrat in the state, announced on Monday that he is backing state Speaker John Oceguera (D) in the 3rd.
Titus is running against state Sen. Ruben Kihuen (D) in the urban Las Vegas-based 1st district, where Democrats are counting on big Latino turnout to help President Barack Obama’s re-election and Rep. Shelley Berkley’s Senate campaign. It’s unlikely Titus, who lives in the redrawn 1st district but represented the 3rd district for one term, will switch districts at this point.