- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
“I will be a voice for fiscal responsibility, and I’m not afraid to say that includes not only spending cuts, but also things like closing corporate tax loopholes and letting the Bush tax cuts expire for the wealthiest Americans,” Varilek said in an online video announcing his campaign.
Varilek joins Minnehaha County Commissioner Jeff Barth (D) in the primary. Noem is heavily favored to win a second term at this point.