- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
State Sen. Dave Koehler (D) dropped out of Illinois’ 17th district race Friday, helping Democrats winnow the field of challengers to freshman Rep. Bobby Schilling (R).
East Moline Alderwoman Cheri Bustos, Freeport Mayor George Gaulrapp and attorney Eric Reyes remain in the race for the Democratic nod.
Earlier this year during redistricting, Democrats redrew Schilling’s district to make it more favorable to Democrats. As a result, Democrats have a good chance of picking up the seat next year.