- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
I am asking Congress to allocate the funds needed to complete the deepening and for Obama to approve it. While I support efforts to reduce our federal deficit, I am equally confident the path to fiscal prosperity includes reducing our trade deficit and this project will help us accomplish both objectives.
Updating vital infrastructure that supports jobs and increases U.S. competitiveness is not the place to find cost savings. In this new era of prioritization, this is exactly the type of export-boosting, jobs-creating project that should be at the top of our list. The question is this: Will Congress and the president support one of America’s great export engines?
Nathan Deal (R) is the governor of Georgia.