- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
State Senate Majority Leader Dominic Pileggi hinted Tuesday that he might challenge Sen. Bob Casey (D-Pa.) next year.
“I have made no decision but will continue to listen regarding how I can best serve our commonwealth and our country,” Pileggi wrote on his Facebook page, according to the Associated Press.
Pileggi would be the highest-profile Republican to run in a crowded GOP primary. Businessman Tim Burns, businessman Steve Welch, tea party activist Laureen Cummings, attorney Marc Scaringi, former state Rep. Sam Rohrer and former coal industry executive Tom Smith are also running for the GOP nod.