- Retired Army Colonel to Challenge Stefanik
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Southwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: Mid-Atlantic States
- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
Though it was dark, our spy recognized the shadowy figure rap-rap-rapping at a neighbor’s door as Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.). And while there was no cause for alarm that the lawmaker was in the neighborhood Tuesday at 7:30 p.m., the Maryland Avenue Northeast resident did find it a little odd that Paul wandered off with a bulky, rolled up bundle hoisted atop his shoulder.
No need to worry, Capitol Hill denizens.
The quickie errand was nothing nefarious. Paul was merely picking up a new floor covering he had shipped to a friend’s house for safekeeping.
A Paul aide confirmed that the mystery package was, in fact, a rug the Senator and his wife had picked out as part of an ongoing effort to help the freshman lawmaker feel more at home while in town.
Here’s hoping it really ties the room together. ...