- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
- 14 Open House Seats, Few Takeover Opportunities
- Veteran Democratic Consultants Launch New Media Firm
With Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) calling it quits after next year, HOH will be missing an eminently quotable politician. As Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.) put it in his statement about Frank’s retirement: “No one’s ever doubted for a minute what Barney Frank thinks or where he stands, and if you weren’t sure, trust me, he’d tell you.”
So here are a couple of number-type items about Frank that were always available for good HOH copy.
• Sex scandals weathered: 1
• Number of times Frank has officially come out: 2 (privately in 1978; very publicly in 1987)
• Schools at which Frank has taught: 3 (Boston University, Harvard University, University of Massachusetts — Boston)
• Number of times Frank has been dubbed the “brainiest” Member of the House by a Washingtonian poll of Congressional staffers: 4
• Presidents served: 5
• Congressional terms: 16
• Bills introduced: 714
So HOH has to ask: Without Frank, who’s the heir apparent for being champion at pithy, withering floor statements? Let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org.