- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
The committee also sets the official delegate count for each state, a process that is complicated again this cycle. Florida broke the rules by moving its primary into January. The RNC has said that any state except Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina and Nevada that holds its primary before March 6 will be docked half its delegates.
New Hampshire and South Carolina will also be docked delegates because they moved up their primaries into January. Iowa will not be penalized because it holds nonbinding caucuses.
Chris Perkins Squared
Get ready for a double take. Chris Perkins (R), a retired U.S. Special Forces colonel, is running for Congress against Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-Va.).
And the GOP hopeful’s pollster is Chris Perkins of WPA Opinion Research.
Along with Perkins the pollster, Perkins the candidate has signed up the Strategy Group for media and the Prosper Group, a general consulting firm.
Submit campaign staffing news and tips to Shop Talk here.