- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer (Md.) waded into the competitive Democratic primary in Illinois’ 10th district, throwing his weight behind businessman Brad Schneider.
“I am happy to announce that Congressman Steny Hoyer has endorsed our campaign. I am incredibly honored and thankful for his support,” Schneider tweeted Tuesday.
Schneider is vying to take on freshman Rep. Robert Dold (R) next year. Dold is considered one of the most vulnerable Members in the House because of the fact that he represents a Democratic-leaning district.
It’s rare that a member of House leadership picks a side in a Democratic primary. Schneider faces former MoveOn.org organizer Ilya Sheyman and Air Force Reserve Col. John Tree in the Democratic primary.
Roll Call rates this district as Leans Democratic.