- Candidates Look to Make Family Legacies in Congress
- Cruz's Struggle: This Man Loves to Argue
- DSCC Topped $5 Million in March
- NRSC Raised $4.9 Million in March
- NRCC Outraises DCCC in March, Is Now Debt-Free
Accountant Leslie Coolidge (D-Ill.) announced an uphill effort to unseat Rep. Peter Roskam (R), the Chief Deputy Majority Whip.
“As I watched the brinksmanship this summer as Congress actually considered letting our country go into financial default, I knew I could no longer sit on the sidelines,” Coolidge said in a statement announcing her candidacy Wednesday.
Roskam’s current district is considered potentially competitive, but after redistricting, the seat he is seeking re-election in next year is much more favorable to Republicans. Democrats shored up Roskam’s district in redistricting in order to create more Democratic opportunities in nearby districts.