- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
Craig Huey, the Republican nominee in a California special Congressional election this year, announced he will run for the state Assembly next year instead of for Congress.
The 36th district, which Huey ran for previously, was cut up in redistricting. Huey lost to now-Rep. Janice Hahn (D), who will run next year in a South Los Angeles district. Huey was drawn into a strongly Democratic district with Rep. Henry Waxman (D), while Hahn’s district is even safer for Democrats.
“When God closes a door, he opens a window,” Huey said in an announcement video. “But a new Assembly district has been created in the South Bay. I’m announcing that I’m running for the new 66th district.”