- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
Former Rep. Matt Salmon’s (R-Ariz.) campaign announced Tuesday an endorsement from Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.).
“I am proud to endorse Matt Salmon’s campaign to return to the U.S. House of Representatives,” Coburn said in a statement. “When I served with Matt in Congress, I knew that he would always do the right thing and stand strong in the battle to reduce the size and cost of government and wasteful spending.”
Salmon is running for what is currently the 6th district, although new district lines remain highly uncertain. When a new map was first released in early October, Rep. David Schweikert (R) announced he was also running in the Phoenix-area district, and a source close to Rep. Ben Quayle (R) indicated that he, too, would run for that seat.
Since then, state Republicans removed a member of the independent commission overseeing redistricting. It is anyone’s guess at this point how redistricting will pan out.