- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
They were among the 41 arrested in April on charges of blocking traffic and disturbing the peace while demonstrating against two policy riders contained in the short-term funding measure passed that month — one barred federal funds for abortions, and the other reinstituted a school voucher program.
“D.C. elected officials and residents will not walk away from the infringement of their rights to govern themselves and to spend their taxpayer-raised local funds as they choose,” Norton said in a House floor speech in advance of the court appearance.
Please send Campus Notebook tips here.