- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
And a GOP Senate aide criticized it as well, saying, "Many Republican Senators are furious that they were ambushed with this proposal that would have them vote to give Obama unilateral authority to borrow $2 trillion more in exchange for nothing. This wasn't leadership, it was surrender."
Still, Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) said he supports the McConnell contingency plan. But Blunt said it's really a "Plan Z."
Steven T. Dennis contributed to this report.