- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
Vice President Joseph Biden attended a fundraiser for Sen. Debbie Stabenow (Mich.) on Sunday to boost the Democrat’s re-election bid.
Biden called Stabenow “an incredible asset” in her home state as well as around the country, according to a White House pool report. Stabenow faces a challenge from the likely GOP nominee, former Rep. Pete Hoekstra. But it will be an uphill battle in the Wolverine State, and Roll Call rates this race as Leans Democratic.
Stabenow has proved herself to be a prolific fundraiser, raising her cash-on-hand total to almost $5 million at the end of the last quarter. Hoekstra reported about $948,000 in the bank around the same time at the end of September. Fellow Michigan Democrats Sen. Carl Levin and Rep. John Dingell also attended the Stabenow event, per the pool report.