- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
“This is all sort of alcohol-fueled delusions of senior Appropriations majority staff who want to justify their jobs. You only need to spend like 9.2 seconds on the House floor to realize where that goes.”
– Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.), handicapping the chances of the passage of a large appropriations package.