- Democrats Look Past Tuesday's New York Special Election
- Reid Urges McConnell to File Cloture on Iran Bill
- Darin LaHood Raises $500K in Race to Replace Aaron Schock
- How Much Trouble Is Richard Burr in?
- DSCC Endorses Murphy in Florida
In separate phone calls to Murray and Hensarling, Obama “made clear that he will not accept any measure that attempts to turn off part of the sequester,” the statement said. Some lawmakers, including Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), have said they would try to overturn automatic spending cuts for the Defense Department if the panel fails to reach a deal.
Steven T. Dennis contributed to this report.comments powered by Disqus