- Congressional Hits and Misses: Best of Rob Bishop
- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
- 14 Open House Seats, Few Takeover Opportunities
In separate phone calls to Murray and Hensarling, Obama “made clear that he will not accept any measure that attempts to turn off part of the sequester,” the statement said. Some lawmakers, including Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), have said they would try to overturn automatic spending cuts for the Defense Department if the panel fails to reach a deal.
Steven T. Dennis contributed to this report.comments powered by Disqus