- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
Robert Gallo, an Army veteran of World War II, attended the reopening celebration Thursday of the D.C. War Memorial. The memorial was built in 1931 to honor Washingtonians who fought in what was then called the Great War, which ended after more than four gruesome years with an armistice at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month, a day we now recognize as Veterans Day.