- Retired Army Colonel to Challenge Stefanik
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Southwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: Mid-Atlantic States
- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
Doylestown Township, Pa., Supervisor Cynthia Philo, a potential Democratic challenger to Rep. Mike Fitzpatrick (R), lost her re-election bid Tuesday evening.
A source close to Philo confirmed she’s still looking at the House race despite the election night setback.
Philo told Roll Call last month she was seriously thinking about challenging Fitzpatrick in 2012. She attended a Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee candidate training session in Washington, D.C.
Fitzpatrick won last November with 54 percent of the vote in this competitive, Southeastern Pennsylvania district. Pennsylvania’s new Congressional map is not finished yet, but Democrats indicated already they would likely target Fitzpatrick in 2012.