- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
Canton Trustee Syed Taj (D-Mich.) announced he’s taking on Rep. Thaddeus McCotter (R) next year.
A couple of Republicans — most notably state Sen. Mike Kowall — are already challenging McCotter in 2012. But Taj is the first Democrat to announce an official campaign.
Republicans redrew McCotter’s district earlier this year to shore up its GOP voters. Democrats will have a tougher time challenging him under the new lines.
But McCotter is still catching flak from both Democrats and Republicans for his short-lived, quixotic bid for the White House earlier this year.