- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Capitol Hill got a little stranger this week when Ray Manzarek and Robby Krieger of the Doors popped by.
The latest iteration of the rock band was in the area for a gig at the Birchmere in Alexandria, Va., and had a little time to spare Monday afternoon before sound check.
The musicians wanted to break on through the usual tourist spots. Krieger got in touch with his golf buddy, former House Administration Committee staffer Richard Landon, who hooked up the band, which includes vocalist Dave Brock, bassist Phil Chen and drummer Ty Dennis, for a tour that went beyond the Capitol Visitor Center.
Landon led the way through the Capitol, from standards such as the Rotunda to spots like the Speaker’s balcony and the House floor. Apparently, the band loved it madly.
“It was quite the VIP tour,” Landon said. “They really enjoyed it and asked a lot of questions about the [Capitol’s] history.”