- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
The Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee launched a Spanish-language radio ad on Wednesday that accuses appointed Sen. Dean Heller (R) of insulting Latinos in Nevada. The ad is running statewide on Spanish-language stations.
“Heller refused to meet with the Latin Chamber of Commerce, cancelling at the last minute; this is a lack of respect for the Hispanic Community,” the ad’s announcer says in Spanish, according to a transcript. “But why should we be surprised? After all, he opposes the DREAM Act and wants to follow in Arizona’s steps. And if that was not enough, he’s voted against a jobs plan and job training to help get us back to work.”
Heller is being challenged by Rep. Shelley Berkley (D) in one of the most competitive races in the country.