- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
There is no question that the desire for local foods is growing. When I visit schools that have built greenhouses and introduced fresh vegetables to their students, Iím thrilled to see how excited the students are at the prospect of eating food they helped grow. And whenever the subject comes up when Iím talking to a group ó whether itís bankers or real estate agents or teachers ó itís clear Americans want better access to safe, healthy food.
Iím committed to fighting for changes in the way we set food policy in this country. Weíve waited a long time for these much-needed reforms, but it will have been worth the wait if we can make the changes we need.
Rep. Chellie Pingree (D-Maine) is a member of the Agriculture Committee.