- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
If one particular Senate staff was singing on Halloween, it might have gone something like, “We’re off to see Kay Hagan! Hagan of North Carolina!”
Those who stopped by the Democrat’s office Monday found staffers dressed as characters from “The Wizard of Oz.”
Staff assistants Allison Parker, Tremayne Smith, Travis Cooke and Tyler Aiken were Dorothy, the Tin Man, the Scarecrow and the Cowardly Lion, respectively. Systems Administrator Marshall Cesena showed up as a flying monkey, while Administrative Director Katie Davidson was the Wicked Witch of the West.
HOH asked whether the Senator dressed up as Oz, but spokesman Jack Pfeiffer just laughed and said, “That’s maybe a little bit too presumptuous. ... But it would have been telling.”
The staff dreamed up the concept last week, resulting in some homemade costumes and a tweet from Hagan: “Some of my DC staff got into the #Halloween spirit today!”