- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
State Sen. Glenn Anderson (D-Mich.) will challenge Rep. John Conyers next year, another entrant in the crowded primary to challenge the longtime Democrat.
“I think I can do a better job,” Anderson told Roll Call. “I have the energy, enthusiasm and desire to do the job. There’s a considerable difference in what we bring to the table.”
State Sen. Bert Johnson and state Rep. Shanelle Jackson have said they will also challenge Conyers in the primary next year.
A Republican-led redraw carved up Conyers’ current district, forcing him to seek re-election in a district with a lot of new territory. Democrats cite the new territory and Conyers’ wife’s legal troubles as reasons he is vulnerable next year.