- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
While it seems insurmountable, the task facing the Joint Committee on Deficit Reduction shouldn’t hinder necessary reforms to Medicare. On the contrary, the current debate presents a window to implement significant changes that produce huge financial savings.
The easiest path forward typically isn’t the best one, especially with seniors willing to make Medicare a vote-driving issue. For a divided Congress facing a tense electorate, the opportunity to act is very real. Prioritizing waste, fraud and abuse will show that Washington understands this.
Former Sen. John Breaux (D-La.) is senior counsel for Patton Boggs LLP.