- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
At least one South Carolina Republican sides with Graham that national security will play its typically significant role in the primary. State Rep. Phyllis Henderson, who has not endorsed a candidate, said Obama's decision to pull all troops from Iraq could reignite foreign policy and national defense as major campaign issues.
Henderson said it remains unclear whether Republican voters will take the hawkish view, as they have in the past, or if the stagnant economy and high federal deficit will create support for military retrenchment. "If Republicans try to say we shouldn't leave Iraq, I think there's a lot of hardcore Republican primary voters" who might disagree, she said.comments powered by Disqus