- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Rep. John Mica is a fan of the archive photos that appear on Roll Call’s pages, so when he recently uncovered this image among his family’s papers, he decided to submit it for the holiday. This photo was taken on Halloween 1949, when the Congressman (left) was 6 years old. His brother, Dan, was 5, and their sister, Cookie Mica-Downing, was 2. ‘In those days, your mother made the costumes for you,’ Mica said. ‘They weren’t bought in a store.’ John and Dan Mica have both represented Florida districts in the House, but John is a Republican, while Dan served from 1979 to 1989 as a Democrat.