- Let Voters Judge Early Ads
- Kelly Wins Runoff for Mississippi House Seat
- DNC's Mo Elleithee Leaving Politics for Georgetown
- Rematches Invite 'Retread' Label, Familiar Themes
- Party's History of Establishment Picks Could Be Over
Freshman Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) raised more than $1.5 million in the second quarter, the South Florida Sun Sentinel newspaper reported Monday.
The tea-party-affiliated West, who represents the coastal South Florida 22nd district, brought in more than $6.5 million in the 2010 cycle.
Two Democrats are vying to take on West in a district that currently includes portions of West Palm Beach and Broward counties, businessman Patrick Murphy and former West Palm Beach Mayor Lois Frankel. Murphy raised $450,000 in the second quarter, and Frankel has yet to release her fundraising numbers.
Florida’s decennial redistricting process, which could deeply unsettle the Sunshine State’s political map, is unlikely to be complete until the middle of 2012.