- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
State Rep. Peggy Welch (D-Ind.) will not challenge Rep. Todd Young (R) next year, depriving Democrats of one of their best candidates to take on the freshman Republican.
Indiana Democratic Party Chairman Dan Parker said Welch called him last week to deliver the news.
“She would have been a great candidate, but we look forward to hopefully seeing her serve another term in the Legislature,” Parker said.
Local news outlets reported Welch’s interest in the House seat last month after the redrawn state legislative map moved her into a more conservative district.
Democrats are optimistic that state Rep. Steven Stemler will take a look at the race. Sam Locke, the Democratic nominee for state auditor last year, is also still considering a bid.