- Retired Army Colonel to Challenge Stefanik
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Southwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: Mid-Atlantic States
- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
Rep. Tom Latham (R-Iowa) brought in more than $580,000 last quarter for his campaign against Rep. Leonard Boswell (D) in the newly redrawn 3rd district.
The Associated Press reported Latham had $1.5 million in the bank following the first fundraising quarter since the new Congressional map was signed into law.
The matchup between Latham and Boswell is one of the most-watched Member-vs.-Member battles in the country.
Latham’s battle with Boswell will take place on mostly new turf for the nine-term Republican. After the Congressional boundaries were redrawn earlier this year, the new 3rd district includes southwestern Iowa, which takes in Boswell’s base in Des Moines.
Boswell has not yet released his fundraising totals, but Latham had already built up a considerable cash lead heading into the quarter. At the end of March, Boswell reported $174,000 in cash on hand.