- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
Those issues, such as health care and equal rights, are ones Baldwin has indeed pushed for in her more than 12 years in Congress. Baldwin has been perhaps the strongest advocate for universal health care, and she worked to broaden the definition of hate crimes and workplace discrimination to include acts based on sexual orientation.
In 2008, she joined Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) to co-found the LGBT Equality Caucus.
In a brief interview, Frank said he “fully” supports Baldwin’s candidacy, and he demonstrated how closely he has been watching the process by noting that Baldwin had a strong showing in the Wisconsin Democratic Party convention straw poll in June.
“Tammy did very well in a straw poll, and she’s a very strong candidate,” Frank said. “Remember, she took a seat that had been held by a Republican — it wasn’t a gimme seat.”