- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
The National Republican Congressional Committee launched a TV ad against Rep. Dave Loebsack (D-Iowa), whom the NRCC sees as increasingly vulnerable.
The ad ties Loebsack to President Barack Obama and reminds voters of his vote in favor of the economic stimulus package in 2009.
“Last time President Obama pushed a wasteful stimulus plan, Dave Loebsack went along with it — and we got burned,” the ad’s announcer says. “The economy got worse. Now, President Obama is pushing more wasteful stimulus spending. What will Dave Loebsack do? Tell Dave Loebsack: Don’t burn us again.”
The NRCC spent just $11,200 on the ad, which is running for two weeks in the Cedar Rapids and Davenport media markets.