- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Yet many GOP-controlled state Legislatures have managed to shore up previously marginal Republican-held seats, which will be a boon to some of the party's incumbents, especially some vulnerable freshmen. Three big redistricting question marks are Florida, Pennsylvania and New York, states that have yet to complete drawing new maps. How those turn out will have a significant effect on the potential for Democratic takeover.
Still, the current political climate has left Walden feeling good.
"We're very optimistic and actually think there are opportunities to pick up seats," he said.