- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
Yet many GOP-controlled state Legislatures have managed to shore up previously marginal Republican-held seats, which will be a boon to some of the party's incumbents, especially some vulnerable freshmen. Three big redistricting question marks are Florida, Pennsylvania and New York, states that have yet to complete drawing new maps. How those turn out will have a significant effect on the potential for Democratic takeover.
Still, the current political climate has left Walden feeling good.
"We're very optimistic and actually think there are opportunities to pick up seats," he said.