- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
After a lackluster third quarter in fundraising, Indiana state Treasurer Richard Mourdock got a boost Monday when the conservative FreedomWorks PAC endorsed his candidacy for Senate.
Mourdock, whose candidacy has become a cause among some tea party activists, is hoping to defeat six-term Sen. Dick Lugar in the Republican primary. But Lugar raised nearly double that of Mourdock, who has struggled to gain momentum since announcing his candidacy.
FreedomWorks PAC, led by former House Majority Leader Dick Armey (R-Texas), is joining the Tea Party Express in backing Mourdock, endorsements that are as much about supporting Mourdock as criticizing Lugar’s voting record.