- Manchin Is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
While poking around the interwebs, we called up a Google map of the Hill. And while the geography seemed fine, the embedded data relating to elected officials is totally bonkers.
Every lawmaker plotted in the close-up of the Longworth House Office Building is demarcated by a trio of stately columns — except for Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah). His icon: a man snoozing away on a bed. (Is Google accusing him of being asleep on the job?)
Across the Capitol, the maps maintain that the late Sen. Strom Thurmond (R-S.C.) is still holed up in the Russell Senate Office Building, while Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) has been tossed out on the street.
We contacted Google, but all we got was a non-response about “third-party providers” and hyper-complicated algorithms that are supposed to keep Google at the top of the Web search heap.