- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
"There is rising unrest within the GOP caucus over Minority Leader Mitch McConnell's [R-Ky.] strategy of blanket obstructionism," the aide said.
A senior Republican leadership aide, however, dismissed concerns about obstructionism and discounted McCain's warning.
"Democrats filibustered judicial nominees, blocked Cabinet secretaries throughout the Bush administration — and kept the Senate in pro-forma the last year of his term specifically to prevent appointments," the aide said. "They've never needed precedent to block Republican nominees."
Humberto Sanchez contributed to this report.