- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
The Democratic National Committee and Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee announced the hire of a chief diversity officer, a new position recommended by the DNC’s Budget and Finance Committee.
Greg Hinton, who is leaving his post as chief diversity officer at U.S. Cellular, will join both party committees, which share a building on Capitol Hill, on Oct. 24. He’ll work jointly for the committees and advise the Democratic National Convention Committee on diversity staffing and procurement from minority vendors.
“The Democratic Party has long been dedicated to including talented people who reflect the diversity of our great country, and Greg will bring his talents to bear as we make sure we are living up to that commitment,” DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz (Fla.) said in a statement.