- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Tea party favorite Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) pulled in a whopping $1.9 million in the third quarter from more than 42,000 contributions, his campaign said. It’s a jarring number for a freshman Member in an nonelection year and likely a result of West’s national profile and frequent cable television appearances.
His two potential Democratic opponents have also raked in substantial sums in the usually lackluster July-to-September quarter, with businessman Patrick Murphy raising $313,000 and former West Palm Beach Mayor Lois Frankel bringing in more than $415,000.