- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
Rep. Lloyd Doggett (D-Texas) announced he raised $375,000 in the third quarter for his competitive re-election campaign.
That’s a smaller haul than his primary challenger, state Rep. Joaquin Castro. But Doggett showed $3.3 million on hand at the end of September, significantly more than Castro.
Castro announced last week that he raised $500,000 for his campaign so far and, according to the Austin American-Statesman, he ended last month with about $400,000 in cash on hand.
The two men are vying for their party’s nod in the heavily Democratic new 35th district. Texas gained four new House seats in 2012 because of population growth.