- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
With many family incomes stagnant or on the decline and the gap between rich and poor continuing to grow, we cannot afford to continue this regressive and unfair tax on working- and middle-class Americans. Maintaining our current tariff system unwittingly punishes the poor, exempts the rich and fails to protect American jobs.
With the pending free-trade agreements with Panama, Colombia and South Korea coming before Congress soon, it should give strong consideration to removing these unfair tariffs. That’s a progressive trade policy that benefits low-income and middle-class families.