- Ratings Change: Kirk's Race Now Tilts to Democrats
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Best of Rob Bishop
- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
With many family incomes stagnant or on the decline and the gap between rich and poor continuing to grow, we cannot afford to continue this regressive and unfair tax on working- and middle-class Americans. Maintaining our current tariff system unwittingly punishes the poor, exempts the rich and fails to protect American jobs.
With the pending free-trade agreements with Panama, Colombia and South Korea coming before Congress soon, it should give strong consideration to removing these unfair tariffs. That’s a progressive trade policy that benefits low-income and middle-class families.