- Why Was Fiorina Denied Ad Time During the Debate?
- What the Hell Happened to Jeb Bush?
- Pelosi, DCCC Use Tea Party to Fire Up Dem Voters
- Anti-Abortion Groups to GOP: Include Fiorina in Debate
- Obamacare Repeal Votes Motivate Democratic Donors
DuPage County Superintendent of Education Darlene Ruscitti (R-Ill.) plans to announce her campaign for the open 8th district seat within the next month, according to a source close to her.
Democrats drastically redrew the district earlier this year. Party leaders moved Rep. Joe Walsh (R) into the neighboring 14th district, which created an open seat.
These changes make the redrawn 8th district difficult for Republicans, but local party leaders argue there might be an opening given the highly competitive Democratic primary.
Two Democrats are running for their party’s nod next March, Iraq War veteran Tammy Duckworth and former Illinois Deputy Treasurer Raja Krishnamoorthi.