- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Even among Democrats, Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) is a superstar of sorts — the tea party favorite helps his opponents bring in huge sums of money.
The two Democrats hoping to take him on announced impressive third-quarter fundraising figures Tuesday. Former West Palm Beach Mayor Lois Frankel raked in more than $415,000, while businessman Patrick Murphy pulled $313,000, according to their respective campaigns.
West does not appear to have released his fundraising figures for the quarter yet.
Even though Florida has yet to complete redistricting, West’s re-election race is guaranteed to be among the most competitive in the state and one to watch. He unseated an incumbent in 2010 with 54 percent of the vote.