- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
There’s an old adage on the Hill that one of the most dangerous places to stand is between Sen. Charles Schumer and a television camera.
So when the New York Democrat was late to a bipartisan news conference on Chinese currency manipulation (yawn), his colleagues couldn’t help themselves.
“This is news,” Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) quipped. “You can’t find Schumer for a press conference. He’s gotten shy in his old age.”
After the waylaid Schumer strolled into the Senate TV studio, Brown threw himself between the senior Senator from New York and the spotlight.
“Lindsey has the lead for this press conference,” Brown joked.
“Schumer unavailable for press conference,” Graham said.
“It wasn’t true!” Schumer replied.
Ah, yes. Senate funnies. Proving once again that everyone’s a comedian.
Somewhere, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor’s (R-Va.) spokesman, Brad Dayspring, is having a chuckle.