- The Donald Trump Impact: Not so Inevitable After All
- Heck Decision Prompts Rating Changes in 2 Nevada Races
- Joe Heck to Run for Nevada Senate (Video)
- GOP Women's Recruitment Effort Adapts for 2016
- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
“I believe my age is an asset, not a liability,” Weston Wamp, 24, told the Chattanooga Times Free Press. “You look at Washington right now and you see there’s no shortage of people with long résumés and decades of experience. But it’s the most dysfunctional Congress that our country has seen in years.”
The 3rd district votes predominantly for Republicans, and Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) earned 62 percent of the vote there in 2008. The winner of the GOP nomination will likely win the Congressional seat.
Zach Wamp left Congress after eight terms to run for governor in 2010.