- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
South Carolina Republican Sen. Jim DeMint’s Senate Conservatives Fund led an effort that raised $189,000 in the third quarter for former Solicitor General Ted Cruz’s Senate bid in Texas.
Members of the group spent an additional $77,000 advocating the Republican’s candidacy via independent expenditures for a total of $266,000.
“The response from the grass roots is exciting,” DeMint said in a statement about the drive, which included 2,500 donors. “Folks are engaged in this race and eager to elect a principled conservative in Texas.”
Cruz is one of several candidates in a crowded GOP primary for the open seat.